Sunday, February 19, 2017

Who really matters?

A blogger I follow, Rambling Rabbit, recently wrote a post about re-evaluating friendships and just people in your life, this couldn't have came at a more relevant time.

Sometimes we keep friendships because of the length of time we've been friends with this person and because of the memories. But when you're just holding onto just memories and no longer enjoy that person's company, it's time to let it go. Sometimes, there is more bad than good when you hold onto a friendship. Especially, if you put more into the friendship than the other person. 

I closed a chapter of my life, and I already can see a difference, a good one. I have decided to use this as a lesson: Only keep people around you who make you feel good about yourself, encourage/support you, and are there for you. Sounds pretty obvious, but you would be surprised what we put up with without really noticing until we take a step back from it all.

I only have a handful of people in my life, but they are people I can count on and help me live my live positively, and that's all that matters. They're the people who really matter.

No comments :

Post a Comment