Thursday, August 18, 2016

「夏だね」





Friday, August 13th, 2016

After going to Konosu to do more things for my Japanese driving license, I ended up buying a bento to relax and eat while I watched The Vampire Diaries. 

Soon after, my neighbors kids came at my door asking if I wasn't busy to come over and celebrate their little brother's 3rd birthday. I can't ever refuse kids, so I went.

It was a while since I last hung out with them, and I've never been in their home. It was so cute! The little boy who's birthday we were celebrating was adorable. He had a few train presents, apparently he really likes trains.

They fed me dinner even though I was already pretty stuffed from my bento (and I didn't even finish it). We just chatted and caught up. 

Their family is definitely unique. Her husband tattoos himself, and he does it all by looking in a mirror. I would have never guessed, they look pretty good for being self taught!

They invited me to go to the famous Chichibu festival. Mostly because the wife, we'll call her May, wanted to see me in a yukata lol. I actually really wanted to go, but I didn't want to go alone and run into so many students so I was happy they asked.

After talking about our plans, we ended up eating cake which was yummy peach cake and we went to light some fireworks. 

It was a simple night, and it was quite lovely. It's time like these that I really appreciate living in the countryside of Japan. It's definitely a whole other experience, and I feel you learn way more about real Japan than if you live in the city. 


When K came over during Golden Week he said a lot of the stuff I'm doing is really Japanese and most of this stuff you wouldn't be able to experience in Tokyo. I agree, even if it's just for a bit, I think every one should at least experience living in the Japanese countryside once in their lives. I'm for sure a city girl, but I'm made some memories here I won't forget, and I'm sure I'll continue to make more.

No comments :

Post a Comment