Thursday, June 30, 2016

hydrangea festival.








Sunday, June 19th, 2016

I was out in Tokyo for the weekend. I had Friday off so I went to meet up with some friends. K (Golden Week friend) and Lyy being some of them. Me and Lyy actually went to A to Z for the first time in forever. It was nice, good memories to be honest.

That weekend my health was actually pretty shit though, and I didn't want to be out. I wanted to stay home and do nothing but I was in Tokyo to go to the doctor as well. Although, Minano does have doctors, I wanted an English speaking one to let me know what exactly was going on with me.

I was supposed to meet an online friend, a fellow Tumblr blogger who taught in Korea for several years. I followed her blog when I was still studying abroad in Japan. She left Korea and moved to Canada around the time I was planning to move to Japan. I didn't think I would see her anytime soon, but she happened to on an Asia trip and Tokyo was on her list so we met up.

It was really nice talking to her. We shared our experiences of teaching in our countries and compared them. It was also nice to find someone in a similar situation as me, not knowing what she wants out of life.

Many people joke about it online, talking about how hard adulting is and how they don't know what the fuck they're doing. But when it comes down to the serious talks and seriously thinking about what the fuck you actually are doing, no one really does it. But we did, and of course it ended with us having many things up in the air but just taking it slow.

So after some stress-relief talks, at a pancake cafe in Harajuku, we went to see the hydrangeas.  I googled some spots in Tokyo and there was a spot close by in  Bunkyo where there was a mini hydrangea festival. It was small but nice.

However, the hydrangeas weren't as many as I would have hoped. There were only some sections that had pretty clusters. But it was still nice, because the clusters that were there were beautiful.

My favorite hydrangeas were the deep blue and purples. Sarah is moving back to Australia, so I hope to visit her within the two years I'm here in Minano.

Online friends really are the best type of friends.

No comments :

Post a Comment