Friday, May 13, 2016

Don't go chasing waterfalls.





My Golden Week was nothing special, but it was definitely fun. I was just going to stay home and chill, which I did, but I had company. One of my friends was free during Golden Week and wanted to hang out.

Wednesday, May 4th, 2016

Wednesday was a bit of a lazy day. It was suppose to be raining so we planned to just stay in and watch movies. But the weather was nice! We ended up staying in still because we felt lazy so we watched some movies he brought, Almost Famous and Hot Fuzz. I've already seen Almost Famous but it's been a while so I forgot how much I liked it. It was my first time seeing Hot Fuzz, and I liked it so much I watched it again over the weekend.

Thursday, May 5th, 2016

The next day we decided to actually do something. I had to work Friday so we thought if we were going to go out, it had to be today. I guess the area I live in is known for waterfalls so we went to one in my town.

My friend rides a motorcycle so we went there by his bike, and it was so fun! The walk to the waterfall was super easy, no hiking necessary. And it was beautiful, the water was crystal clear.

There was another waterfall further up but we were a bit hungry because we didn't eat breakfast and decided to eat at the udon place next to the waterfall. It was so good, we had cold udon and soft cream. I had the golden sesame milk soft cream which was amazingly light and delicious.

Afterwards, we went to Nagatoro which is known for boat rides in the river. I wasn't sure if I wanted to ride a boat but I definitely wanted to be by the river. I love rivers. So we went and explored a bit. We found a campsite where several people were chilling and having barbecues.

We went to a more touristy area where lots of little shops were. They had lots of different types of food which kinda made me wish we didn't eat right before we got there. It smelled so good. There was also cucumbers on a stick and shaved ice. Perfect for the hot weather that day.

Me and my friend stayed by the river for a bit and watched people ride boats and rafts. It was cool. Several kids were skipping rocks along the river bank.

We stayed there for a bit just relaxing. Since we're in the mountain area, we saw several different birds: swallows, hawks, and an 鵜.

I've never heard of an 鵜 but my friend told me about them in Japan and they seriously sounded so cool. I was amazed by what they could do and he was excited to see it.

After chilling by the river bank for a while, we decided to call it a day. A simple day, but a good way to spend it.

No comments :

Post a Comment