Sunday, December 13, 2015

Finding Neverland.





Fo several years I wanted to watch Finding Neverland but never did because my older sister told me I wouldn't like it because it wasn't going to be like Peter Pan 2003 and that I'd probably find it boring. Maybe she would have been right, since I was younger then, but then again, at that time I loved movies like The Color Purple.

Anyways, I finally watched it. And I'll admit that it probably is one of my favorite movies. The reason for this is because it's magical. No, it not magical like Peter Pan but it has it's own sort of magic and shows that our world can be just as magical as Neverland.

This movie is about how JM Barrie came to make Neverland, and it means so much more to know the concept behind it and gives you a bigger appreciation for Peter Pan as a whole.

Peter Davies: "This is absurd. He's just a dog."
J.M. Barrie: "Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's just a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, 'He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man', or 'That's not a diamond, it's just a rock.' Just." 
Finding Neverland 

No comments :

Post a Comment