Friday, October 16, 2015

all about mindset.

It's been a while since I'd seen any of my Orange County friends and lately the only people I've been hanging out with are friends from work. Which is cool, they're cool people. But the thing is, people from the IE tend to lack goals, dreams, ambitions, or sometimes even an education. Most of the people from the IE stay in the IE, and they don't have a problem with it.

That's fine, everyone has their own thing when it comes to what they want out of life but I know I wouldn't be satisfied staying here. Most of the time people applaud the fact that I want to do something different and go to Japan, other however think me going to Japan is a fantasy kinda thing.

So it was nice to meet up with my friend Jenny again out in Orange County and remind myself what I'm aiming for. And to remind myself that it's all about the mindset of the people you hang out with that ends up playing a factor in shaping your own.

My hometown has this effect of leaving me feeling like I'm in a rut. But luckily, everything is going on track. I'm going out here and there with friends and still am able to save a good amount of money for Japan.

I hung out with Jenny last weekend. It was nice. We ate sushi and talked for several hours about our lives. I miss Orange County. I miss my uni life (though definitely not the work load).

Work can be draining at times, but for the most part I enjoy it and am lucky it's so chill. I'm slowly getting closer to my goals. Before we know it, it's going to be November. Crazy.



No comments :

Post a Comment