Sunday, August 2, 2015

ROAD TRIP • Hidden Beauties, Golden Fields, & A Sky Full Of Stars



Road Trip Day 1, Part IV
Friday July 8th

Me and Daydee headed towards the place we were going to be staying at. It was close to the Sequoia National Park and on our way to the next destination so it was perfect, thank you Airbnb!

On the way there we were mostly faced with golden and brown mountains but came across a small stream and decided to take photos of it because it looked so pretty! The best part of road trips is the things you find along the way, not even the destinations to be honest, those are just a plus.

After the stream we went to a more secluded area where we where the only ones driving on the road. Is was a super tiny road that was extremely windy tucked in between golden fields. Honestly, the photos don't do it justice. It was a beautiful view, and part of my favorite things we saw on the road.

It was extremely secluded, and we passed several cows which looked so pretty with shiny coats and were so clean with plenty of room to walk around compared to the cows you see in the suburbs in southern California where they are dirty, cramped, and smell so bad. Really made me think about a lot.

Anyways, the place we were headed at was extremely secluded and there were lots of wild animals, we saw wild turkeys! By the time we got there is was getting dark, the place was really tucked in the mountains. Our host was kind enough to also make us dinner so we dropped of our stuff and ate and talked about several things.

She told us about the different animals in the area, they have several mountain lions and even Siberian boars which are as big as cars! No exaggeration, they are around the size of cows with razor sharp tusks.

Our host was of Cherokee indian descent so we learned a bit about her and the people who live there. It's crazy just how different each city is in California. She said there are either really chill people or extremist, such as supremacists or extremist muslims. I'll admit it made me a tad uncomfortable but was good to know.

After dinner, she told us we could go on the hammocks outside and see the millions of stars. I thought she was exaggerating a bit, but she was not.

When the sun set completely the sky slowly became filled with stars. I've never seen so many stars in my life, and I'll admit, it moved me quite a bit. I love stars and that view is something I will never forget. We were able to see several constellations and I stayed out there for a good hour or so, looking at the stars and petting her cat Simba (who was adorable btw).

I even stayed after my sister went in to take a shower. I just chilled there, listened to music, and looked at the sky. Coldplay was definitely perfect for this occasion.

I'll never forget how many stars I saw in the sky that night, and how it made me feel. Honestly, the view of the stars was my favorite thing out of the whole road trip.

No comments :

Post a Comment