Saturday, August 1, 2015

Happy August.

I didn't even realize it was August until I looked at the date to write this post. Life has been pretty decent for the most part, I'm getting used to my new job. I work at a car dealership, and at first it was really hard for me to get used to because the work environment is mostly filled with guys. I've forgotten how straightforward Western guys are tbh.

Since coming back from Japan I haven't had much interaction with people other than my family, classmates, and co-workers at uni. Coming home to a large Hispanic population and working at a male dominated field definitely made me reevaluate several things.

I enjoy my work more now, and know how to joke with the guys now and also how to put them in their place when they are being inappropriate. And my female co-workers are fun to talk to, and definitely help make the day go by faster.

Ironically, I am actually talking to a co-worker here and there with occasional outings. He is really cute, very much my type, and tall (missed tall guys lol). I actually noticed him when I came in for my second interview and he told me that's when he noticed me as well. But, I don't think it is going to go anywhere because I'm not sure if I'm feeling it. He's cool to hang out with, but that's all I'm getting so far.

Can someone say, deja vu of my dating experience at my first year at uni in Irvine? Yeah, that's a mouthful, and very much true.

My younger sister says that I have forgotten how to be wooed, but she also tells me not to settle. Maybe I have, I don't know. I'm just used to being on my own, and I kinda really like it but seeing a cute guy every now and then doesn't hurt either. But also, no point to get invested when I'm leaving to Japan next year.

No comments :

Post a Comment