Sunday, June 28, 2015

Cuauhtemoc / Art / Tacos

Random Mexico Trip, Part II

After the theater we decided to go to a wax museum. It was pretty old and dirty, but it was still interesting to see Tijuana's wax museum and the history. 

My favorite person in the wax museum was Cuauhtemoc, he was the last Aztec emperor who was captured by the Spanish and tortured by burning his feet so he could tell them where the treasure was, but he didn't tell them.

In my last post, there was a statue of him and when I asked my dad who he was that's what he told me. My dad was a history teacher in Mexico before he moved to America, so I love asking him about Mexico's history. I wish I knew more since it is my roots.

The Mexicans are very proud of the fact that they are home to many great indian civilizations, especially the Mayans and the Aztecs. And, tbh I am also very proud of this. They were known to be great warriors, fierce, brave, and they built amazing civilizations. 

We ended up walking around after that, my little sister and mother needed to get some medicine (my mom always buys her medicine in Mexico).  It has been too long since I've seen Tijuana's arc.

Afterwards we ate some tacos, which weren't as good since they were closer to the border but it was still alright! I love that Mexico still has their sodas in bottles rather than cans (don't think this is everywhere though).

Around 7pm we crossed the border which was nice and short and ended up driving home. It was a long day, but this unexpected trip to Mexico was so much fun. I definitely enjoyed it and my parents looked happy as well, especially my dad.









No comments :

Post a Comment