Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tokyo Daydreams.

My favorite view.

And so the depressing post-Japan posts begin.

I have missed Japan but have been holding back any sad talk about it because other than the housing situation my life in California has been pretty good other than the family issues here and there.

I am back in school, finishing my classes, got an amazing job on campus, I'm meeting some awesome new people, and am fitting some modeling into my schedule (though I wish I could fit more). The only downer is that all the money I make from my part time job is used on food and gas but I need to live right?

But recently I caught up with my friend Lyy on a phone call through LINE. We have been wanting to talk forever but our schedules always conflicted. I was so happy to talk to her again, and it was nice to catch up. Although we text everyday, it's not the same. When I got off the phone I was really happy and went to sleep content but I woke up really sad the next morning because the happiness I felt was like when I was in Japan.

But obviously, I was not in Japan and I wouldn't be seeing Lyy the next day. Us talking on the phone was as if I was there in Japan though. It made my chest feel heavy. I wanted to be with Lyy with our random nights out in Harajuku, going to the bar we like, chilling at Tower Records till the last train, smoking on the rooftop of that one building in Harajuku, I missed it all.

I wanted to go eat sushi with her next day and talk about our stupid boys and talk about shit that we thought would never happen but in fuckin' some twisted way it ended up happening. There is stuff that I can't talk about with my friends here, they wouldn't get it.

And most of all, I miss my freedom. But I've mentioned that before already. I miss the life I had in Japan. There were many ups and downs but the ups outweighed the downs for sure.

I'm sure I wouldn't be so bummed about being in California if I had more freedom to do the things I wanted. But sadly money limits me, and life in California is just as pricey as in Japan and my part time job in California pays way less than the job I had in Japan.

I know I'm coming back to Japan so I shouldn't fuss but I just wish it was sooner than later. I'm not the only one like this though, my fellow co-workers feel the same about their study abroad experience and are also finding ways to go back abroad once they graduate.

I need to make the most of my time in California though, so must stuff I want and need to do but I'm not even sure if I can do them.

No comments :

Post a Comment