Monday, July 21, 2014

Officially finished my last semester in Japan.


Today was the last day of classes for me, I am officially done with my semester at Keio.

I took this picture when I finished my Japanese art history class. It was actually a nice day, despite the lack of sleep.

The classroom was dark because my teacher had slideshows, my friend was sleeping next to me after only get 3 hours of sleep to finish a paper, and I was typing a paper for my other class, but I would occasionally look out the window and see the pretty green trees and hear cicadas and I thought, "this is nice"

I actually used to find the cicadas annoying when I first came here, but I like it now.

I'm already packing up things, and throwing out things, seeing if I need to ship anything, all that jazz.

It doesn't feel like I am leaving Japan to be honest. Only when I look at the calendar and see the little time I have let I remember I am leaving. Also, the shortage on money is a constant reminder.

Sometimes I'm nonchalant about leaving Japan, and other times my stomach drops when I think about it.

I've said this a million times, but I'll say it again.

I'm bummed about leaving Japan but excited to go back to California. There are lots of things I need to do back in California before I come back to Japan, so the sooner I go back and handle those things, the sooner I can come back to Japan without any loose ends.

I think if I were to just stay in Japan (which isn't even possible because I have to finish school but just saying) I would not be content. I need to go back to California first, get my last year of school out of the way, enjoy my lovely city of Irvine for one last year and head out.

That would be a lovely way to end it.
9 days left.

No comments :

Post a Comment