Saturday, May 24, 2014

Head High.

Friday night, I chilled with my friend Takumi. It has been a while since we hung out even though, this semester we have a class together. 

We were suppose to meet up so I could give him the reading for our class since he had to attend a funeral. He decided to make this an excuse to actually hang out and chill, which I thought was a good idea as well.

We decided to go to a hookah place in Jiyugaoka, it was really small but really cute. 

Takumi said he hadn't smoked in a while but he usually smokes Arabian some or other, which is like a coffee flavor. He knew the guy at the place and asked him if he could make it give a little head high since we both like it like that.

To be honest, I wasn't too sure if I would like the coffee flavor but it ended up being really nice. I really liked it. 

When it hit night time, the hookah place became a bit crowded, and since it was small everyone's hookah filled up the room. And it was like you were smoking everyone else's flavors lol. 

It was actually pretty nice because at this time me and Takumi had stopped smoking and were just talking but I still got the head high from everyone else's hookah.

I wonder how it must have looked from the outside because the hookah place was filled with so much smoke they cracked open the sliding door at the front. And the place was a small, dimly lit, white room with many windows, almost like a glass room so I'm sure it looked very intriguing from the outside.



Although we met at 5pm we stayed there for hours and didn't head back till 9pm. The point of this outing was to be close to where we live and keep it short since I had to get up early but that didn't end up happening lol. Time just flew.

After we left the hookah place we walked around Jiyugaoka just for kicks. Takumi said it's a rich neighborhood, which I could kinda tell but it looked so cute. It reminded me of Nakameguro.

We chilled on a bench and talked some more.

Takumi used to bug the shit outta me at first but after hanging out with him again, he's pretty chill. Since he grew up in the U.S. most of his life he is also really westernized so I don't have to filter the way I talk around him and I just treat him like my friends back home.

After staying out for a bit we eventually headed back since I had to get up early the next day, though I should have left earlier to be honest lol.

It was nice, and I loved that I had the lingering smell of the hookah on my sweater the next day.

Oh, and recently I came across old hip-hop songs, and stumbled on this Bone Thugs one with Mariah Carey. It has been playing in my head nonstop. My favorite hip-hop songs are when they have lovely guest vocals.

Well, I guess, I'm trying to be nonchalant about it
And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you.

No comments :

Post a Comment