Wednesday, April 2, 2014

中目黒 • 桜 • 花見

Yesterday I went to see the sakura at Nakameguro. This was one of the places I had been really wanting to go since seeing it on Tumblr because the river before I came to Japan. I was more interested in the night sakura because it looked more dreamy but the day was also very nice.

I went with Ryo since he also hadn't gone to see the sakura in a while since he had been busy working. When we arrived at Nakameguro, right away I liked the vibe, really liked the vibe. The shops reminded me of the old towns I liked to visit in California and other areas reminded me of Laguna Beach.

It was nice seeing many couples as well, I really enjoyed the people watching. There were so many interesting people, Lili said they had a hipster vibe from when she went.

The sakura was lovely and one fell in my hair nicely, Ryo took it out of my hair and I took a picture of it.

They were also many stands with food and drinks, I really wanted kebab but the line was long so we ended up getting potatoes and chicken which was yummy. I haven't had chicken in forever.

We also got champagne that was a lovely shade of pink and had a strawberry in it. It was good. I usually don't like the taste of alcohol but this was nice.

Ryo had to go to Shibuya to pick up some shoes from a friend so I chilled in Tsutaya for a bit. By then, it was already time to go to see the illumination for the sakura at night.











I really loved the light reflecting on the water and how it made the sakura glow pink. I definitely enjoyed the night sakura a bit more. I have this thing for places at night, they tend to look more appealing to me.

They also had more food so me and Ryo got taco rice :] Ryo had guacamole taco rice and I had cheese taco rice, it was so good! I love taco rice, can't wait to get it again in Nagoya lol.

After more walking around, we decided to leave and we went to an internet cafe in Hiyoshi where we listened to some music and ate chocolate.

I've been really craving chocolate since I've been watching a new drama called "Shitsuren Chocolatier" lol but that will probably be another post.

Ryo introduced me to bands that he liked and I introduced him to bands I like. He ended up really liking SiM quite a bit, especially "Blah Blah Blah" he told me he actually listened to it on the train when he was going to Shibuya once I mentioned it to him.

☓ ☓ ☓

Me and Ryo decided to be friends, he had told me recently that he seriously liked me but I didn't feel the same way. He is a nice guy but as always it's hard for me to like a guy romantically rather than just seeing our relationship as a friendship or casual dating (same problem I had back in California). 

Maybe it's because I just haven't been able to find someone that I can really connect with or maybe it's because I'm content with being single. I do enjoy being single and like being on my own, it's been that way for quite a while and haven't had any problems with it so far. 

Oh well, after this day I decided not to see him anymore since I don't want to give him the wrong idea. I also paid for my things so it would seem less like a date and more of a hang out.

Regardless, it was a nice day and I was happy to experience the hanami for the first time in my life. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and would love to do it again.

Drinking champagne, eating street food, people watching, and looking at the beautiful sakura. My first hanami was such a nice experience.


TOKYO VLOG III • 中目黒花見 from Nina on Vimeo.

I actually really like outcome of this video,
it 
accurately shows the vibe I got from Nakameguro.
I don't know why I love to take photos and videos of couples so much.

No comments :

Post a Comment