Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Weight Gain & Loss in Japan.

People always say that Japan is very healthy when it comes to food. This may be true if you eat home most of the time but when you are a broke exchange student you usually are just trying to get whatever is cheap.

When I first came to Japan I actually gained weight and freaked out lol. People would tell me, "you will lose weight in Japan" etc, etc but I gained wait due to all the carbs.

In America, I actually ate really healthy since my little sister is obsessed with nutrition and I was too lazy to work out. So I would always eat the same meals, a fist size of protein, brown rice, and vegetables. Vegetable shakes, fruit shakes, and protein shakes were a big part of my diet.

So when I came to Japan and mostly found rice (and it is of course white rice) my body freaked out. Not even all the walking I did in Japan helped. So, for the first 2-3 weeks I was gaining weight.

But recently I had realized I lost weight. I had decided to wear my white Hollister shorts for the first time and found them to be really loose on me. They began to fall down when I was walking and I thought "wtf??"

My body had adjusted to my diet change (my new carb intake) and was putting it to good use when walking around everywhere. And the smaller portions of course help a lot. Needless to say, I was really happy that I lost a lot of the weight that I gained and then some. But a bit bummed because of my shorts T__T but way more happy lol.

I am not sure on the exact pounds or kilos I lost since I don't have a scale. But as soon as I come across one I will weigh myself lol.

Yay for Japan's small portions! I swear, that's the thing that saved me. And all the walking around ^-^ Hopefully I will continue to lose a bit more weight ^^

I should work out a bit so I can tone up :o pshh who am I kidding, I'm too lazy for that -.-

No comments :

Post a Comment