Monday, July 15, 2013

Rim of the World.


Saturday when I came back from Irvine, me and my friend Derek were going to meet up for the last time before I went to Japan. We had hung out once during spring break but that was very brief and we weren't able to talk much. Last time we hung out was when we went to the Griffith Observatory way back when O__O

He really wanted mochi ice cream and said the best ones were at Mitsuwa and ask me if I knew about Mitsuwa in Costa Mesa. I was like wtff I love going there haha but I never had the ice cream mochi there so we went to get some.

I thought it was pretty funny since I just came back from Orange County and I was already going back. There were so many awesome mochi flavors :D like blueberry yogurt, raspberry something or other, sakura, green tea, I was so happy haha. We got the mochi and then Derek was craving sushi so we decided to get sushi as well. It was pretty good :]

Afterwards he asked me if I still wanted to go to the Rim of the World. I really wanted to >< I love city light views so he decided to take me.

The drive was really fun, especially going up the mountain. We both thought the mountain reminded us of Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift when they were drifting down the mountain lol. 

When we got to the top of the mountain it was amazing! We just laid on the back of his car and looked at the view. The view of the stars was also gorgeous, I ended up looking at the stars more than the city view to be honest lol. I love the stars. There were so many, it was really beautiful.

I was even able to see a bit of the milky way, although it wasn't very clear you could make it out. I also saw two shooting stars and made wishes of course <3 Derek was looking for shooting stars too but he said that making wishes on stars don't really come true, so I think that's why he didn't see any :P lol

We were just laying on his car catching up on a bunch of stuff. He was telling me about this girl he really likes at the moment. He is pretty religious and so is she, he was happy that he found someone that was his ideal type in several ways. I'm glad he found someone who he cares about and is everything he wanted.

Hearing how much he liked her made me think back on the last time I felt like that. I haven't felt that way in years. I haven't truly liked anyone since my last relationship which was in high school. There have been people I have been interested in but I never end up liking them. Maybe it's because I'm so detached from everything, even Mikey told me I am pretty detached when we hung out the other day. 

Oh well, I can't change it that's just how I have been for a while now. Maybe one day I won't be so detached from everyone and everything.

But my little sister reminded me that I only recently started dating when I moved to Irvine and I wasn't dating in my hometown because I wasn't happy so it's normal that I haven't really found anyone I really like. I always believed that you should be happy with yourself before you try finding someone to be with. It's not healthy to be looking for someone to make you feel better about yourself, you should do that on your own.

Also my mentality of not wanting to be tied down may play a part in that lol. I'm still young, meeting new people, and enjoying life, why would I want to settle down? I mean, if there is a good guy that I actually end up liking then of course I won't pass it up but I'm not going to go out looking for one either. I'm pretty content now :]

Anyways, after much talking Derek took me home and gave me the mochi as a present. He told me he hopes I find a skinny Japanese guy with tattoos in Japan haha. He then hugged me goodbye and told me he would see me in a year.


And I do believe it’s true,
That there are roads left in both of our shoes
But if the silence takes you, then I hope it takes me too

No comments :

Post a Comment