Saturday, July 27, 2013

Downpour During the Hanabi.



For the most part, Japan has been treating me well so far.

I sadly haven't been able to get my wifi adapter, I went with my friend Masa and long story short, still needed some gaijin things before I could but that is stuff related to my school. I think I am just going to have to wait for when we get to our orientation I guess -.-

I also need bug repellant, I read this when going to Japan but decided to just buy it when I got here. First time since I was in 4th grade or something that I got mosquito bites O_O they are small and not too much of a bother but still would feel more comfortable if I got something to take care of that.

Anyways, yesterday I went out with my friend Mariko! It was our first time meeting up as well ^^ we met at harajuku station again since it's the station I most comfortable going to lol.

We were planning on going and izakaya and then possibly clubbing or to see the hanabi by the Tokyo Sky Tree. They said they were going to be cancelled because of the rain but it wasn't raining so they still had them so we decided to go.

When we got there we could see the fireworks, but they were behind some buildings so we decided to go around. 



When we were getting closer it started to sprinkle, and then it started to rain. We were almost to the other side of the river but while we were crossing it starting to pour hard core! 

So many people took out their umbrellas and there were a lot without them. They honestly looked like they jumped into a pool lol. And even with my umbrella I got drenched and so did Mariko. 

We decided we just wanted to go back and of course the fireworks got cancelled so we had to go around basically. It was raining so much that the streets began to flood O__o so many people were hurrying trying to go to the nearest station. We finally did but it took forever to go to the train.

We were packed like sardines waiting to cross the ticket gate lol. People walking by that were on the other side stopped to take pics -.- haha

We finally got on the train, drenched. Mariko was so surprised that the rain came so suddenly and said she wished we would have just gone to Shibuya. But I thought this was definitely a crazy/fun experience to have haha.

We rode the train for 40mins and went to an izakaya in Shibuya. We drank, talked, etc.

That was honestly so crazy but definitely loved the experience haha. But hopefully mu next hanabi we can actually see more fireworks. Good think I didn't bring my camera O__O

No comments :

Post a Comment