Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Iron Man & Izakaya.

I went on a date yesterday. Last time I went on a real date was probably back with Ricky. Well, I guess I could count Alex (the guy from the bar not my friend Alex lol) but we had nothing in common besides finding one another physically appealing.

Funny, it was actually with that one bartender named Brian, that my friend tried to hook me up with that one time. He ended up giving him my number anyways haha.

To be honest, it was pretty awkward texting. My friends advised me not to go on a date with him because he was so awkward. But I thought, "Wtf..I'm awkward too so who am I to judge?" So I ended up going on a date with him anyways, and I made a good choice.

We ended up going to the movies to watch Iron Man :D I love my super hero movies<3 haha the movie was good but there was just some stuff I was a bit disappointed in.

After that, he asked me if I ever been to Honda-ya, which is actually an izakaya type place that he always goes to. I hadn't gone to one before so it was pretty awesome :D I kept looking around haha. I should haven taken pictures ><

We pretty much ordered everything since I had no idea what to get, and everything he ordered tasted so good. Especially the pork belly, he told me it would blow my mind but I didn't believe him haha it was really good though.

He also had to try Asahi beer, and although it didn't taste as bad as the other beers, I still have no interest in beer. I know people say you learn to drink it but I don't want to D: besides beer = beer bellies lol.

He assured me he didn't like it either at first and told me a funny story about his first time with beer haha but he said now he loves it and really focuses on the taste and told me about the different drinks he likes.

We also ended up talking about music, he used to be in a small metal/scream-o band so we shared out taste of music. We pretty much are the same where we listen to all kinds but mostly listen to different genres of rock. He even showed me some Korean rock (he's Korean lol).

We also ended up sharing our love for body mods<3 not just tattoos, but ear stretching, and piercings. He said he is closing up his ears, he had stretched them pretty big, to 38mm. They were a bit bigger than a 00 now. He talked about getting snake bites and I told him to do it haha I love snake bites. And he actually has his leg covered in tattoos too. Ugh I love tattoos lol.

After talking for quite a bit, we got dessert :D it was black sesame ice cream and it was delicious!

After that, he drove me back to my place. And surprisingly he parked the car to walk me to my apartment O__o I was not expecting that at all haha, most of the time the guys just drop you off now. Which is fine, but I thought it was pretty cute he decided to walk me.

He was joking around saying he didn't want me to get mugged. I told him, "Of course, because Irvine is so dangerous" (it is known to be the safest city in the U.S. for 7 years in a row lol).

He also said we should hold hands just to make sure and held out his hand. I was completely thrown off by this like wtf. Last time I held hands with someone is public was in high school when I was dating my ex.

I held his hand but I couldn't help but laugh. I thought it was cute but I was totally taken back by it so I was laughing. I totally made it awkward but already told him I was awkward so he didn't mind since he is awkward too haha.

When we arrived at my apartment door it was even more awkward haha. I just started laughing even more and was like "I don't know how we are suppose to go about this" and he said "don't worry I got this" and kissed me.

Lol it was pretty cute. We ended up saying bye and then he was like, "Oh wait" I was confused and thought he forgot something and asked, "What?" and he said "I want one more" and kissed me again lol.

So that pretty much concludes my date lol. I was talking to Jenny about it and even though he is awkward it's cute. And it's nice dating a guy who doesn't want to get in my pants the first date and actually acts like he is interested. Even if it's just an act, kudos to him for actually trying lol.

We'll see where this goes. I have no expectations of anything but Jenny said I should just try and see what happens. I don't know what he wants and frankly I don't know what I want but I guess there's no harm in getting to know each other more.

No comments :

Post a Comment