Monday, August 27, 2012

Random Rant.

I have a love/hate relationship with social networks. I like how I can keep in touch with my friends (especially the ones all over the world), but unfortunately I hate how everyone can find you.

Today, an old friend from high school found my instagram. It was probably due to my little sister's instagram since she was also friends with her.

I have nothing against her we just didn't keep touch and I didn't mind that we didn't. People change, and I have changed a lot from high school. My high school experience was not the best and a big part of it was because of the people around me.

It may be stupid, but I don't want anyone from my high school in my life. I've only kept 2 friends from high school and that's also because I've known them since elementary school and that is Sarah and Jana. Though we have our differences they always knew how I was with all my weird hobbies.

I always hid my hobbies from everyone else and who I really was because I was a typical high school student who cared about what people thought.

Now, I don't care. I don't hide the fact that I like anime, web design, kpop, jpop, jrock, manga and all that jazz but if I didn't feel comfortable with sharing it with the person before because I knew they would judge me then I don't want to share it with them now. They're clearly not that great of a friend.

Everyone has people they don't want in their lives, I just happen to have many lol.

So I made my instagram private now, you can still add me of course. I'm mostly just trying to keep people from my hometown/high school out.

No comments :

Post a Comment