Monday, August 13, 2012

Isn't it Good? Norwegian Wood.

Image from: WILDGROUNDS

I watched Norwegian Wood today, and I loved it.

It has been on my to-watch list for quite some time but never got around to it.

I got the sudden push to watch it after going through my quotes tag on Tumblr and realized a lot of the quotes I had were by Haruki Murakami and more specifically from Norwegian Wood. It also was a plus that one of my favorite actors Kengo Kora was in it (even if it was a small role).

I debated whether I wanted to read the book first...but since the books are always better than the movies I decided to watch the film (also because it was more accesible, go Netflix!)

I also did this with Hebi ni Piasu, and it was a good choice because I loved the book even more.

Anyways, I loved the film. I can't describe the vibe I got from it, but I just really liked it, and I'm planning on buying the book. Only reason why I haven't yet is because I lack the car and money lol. I also plan to buy more of Haruki Murakami's books.

I've been in a film mood lately and was going to watch Solanin, but decided to watch the Boys On the Run drama since I found it (and I have been searching for it for weeks).

We'll see how it goes, since it's still on going but so far I enjoy it quite a bit.

And now, I shall leave you with The Beatles.

I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me<3

No comments :

Post a Comment