Friday, December 23, 2011

Old Towns and Random Mountain Trip


So today Eat You Alive came out with a new album, and it has 2 songs on it. I want it, but unfortunately it's a CD that's only selling in Japan at their lives.

Anyways, today was a good day. I hung out with my friends Sarah and Jana. We always hang out during break because neither of us have time during school. Especially Jana, she goes to Berkeley so she is up north and plus she is always busy because it's Berkeley lol.

She actually wanted to introduce me to this Japanese guy that she said I might like because he is like a rocker but a change of plans happened where it didn't work out. This was the first time she was telling me this lol, that would have been cool but eh I don't know lol.

Anyways, onward with the day. It was the first time we met since the summer. We were catching up with how we were doing in school and stuff, we had breakfast at an old diner in old town Claremont. (I love all the old town's in our area they have a cozy feeling.)

Afterwards, we walked around and went to this video store that we saw as we drove by. They had some cool movies but I had no interest in renting anything, it's too much of a hassle to return it for me. I am super lazy and hardly ever leave my house. But I did manage to snag a deal and bought Memoirs of a Geisha for only $3! I love that movie, and it was so inexpensive who wouldn't get it?

Jana ended up getting some Gungrave DVDs, I've never seen the anime but she let me borrow them since they are by the same creator of Trigun and said Gungrave is really good. I trust her, she introduced me to X, Fushigi Yuugi, Fruits Basket, Tokyo Babylon, Saiyuki just a lot of awesome animes lol so yup.

After the video store we ended up going to old town Upland lol, there is honestly nothing to do in Rancho so most of the time we just drive around until something catches our interest. Sarah loves to drive so she doesn't mind.

It was nice going to old town Upland, we went to a bunch of vintage store. The first store we went to was this Indian one that had fox tails (stood out to me because a lot of Gyarus have it) and feather clips and earrings and stuff. I ended up buying a gun metal ring. The rest of the stores were whatever, just stuff to look at to be honest.

I was really happy when we ended up walking by Six Feet Under a tattoo shop owned by Corey Miller :D I am planning on getting my first tattoo with him, he is an amazing artist. I should be getting it next summer/fall we'll see how it goes. But we passed his tattoo shop, I was going to take a picture but it was a class window and there were people inside and I felt weird lol. But I did take some snapshot of the outside of his gallery :]


It was actually two photos but I hate long way photos, they bug the crap of me when I try to put them neatly into my blog they look messy. But yeah, still so awesome, I knew his tattoo place was in old town Upland but now for sure I know where it is. I cannot wait!

I am also dying to get my microdermals done! We won't get into that lol. 

After the old town, we ended up driving to Mount Baldy. Sarah just felt like taking me and Jana and there was nothing else to do lol so we ended up going to the mountains :D 


Small bit of snow/ice that was there lol


I actually really like living in Southern California because you get the beaches and the mountains with snow. This was the first time I went to the mountains in a good while. 

I was so not dressed for it though, neither of us were. Sarah was wearing flip flops and I was wearing shorts with tights xD Well it was a spur of the moment thing for a reason. I don't think it would have been to cold if I had gloves me hands were becoming stiff due to the cold lol. 

I still need to go hiking but tomorrow is Christmas Eve and my mom is throwing a party. Totally forgot until my older sister told me.  I'm not a big part person, especially family parties lol, but can't do anything about it. I guess it'll give me a reason to dress up but I look like crap because I haven't gotten a hair cut in foreverr. 

OMG and I finished Sekaiichi Hatsukoi. I am so sad it's over. Well I still have the manga :D Geezes this post is all over the place lol. Well, Happy Christmas~


Me and Jana

No comments :

Post a Comment