Saturday, October 29, 2011

Throwback: First Time at the Griffith Observatory

So while doing my Earth Science homework I came across the paper that required us to do a field trip for the class. It's actually two, one to the Griffith Observatory and the other to the La Brea Tar Pits. I haven't been to the Tar Pits before, but I have been to the Griffith Observatory. Last time I went I took pictures, so I thought I'd share them :]




So this is the Griffith Observatory, it is beautiful. I absolutely loved it, I didn't know much about it until a guy I was talking to took me here. He knew I was into astronomy and that I got this new camera at the time so he decided that this place was the best to try my camera out. When I first got my camera I was interested in photography but I know squat about it and I don't go out much so yeah...lol.





There was actually an amazing view of the city, I loved how the lights were so small. But yeah, this place is also pretty close to the Hollywood sign where you can get a good view of it :] There is actually a crazy history behind Griffith Park. It goes back to it's original owners who were Spanish. I won't get into detail but basically this Spanish women fell in love with a white man and he married her so he could get her land by trying to kill her afterwards. He failed in killing her but ending up succeeding in keeping the land. I don't remember the details of it but it was so crazy :o and very interesting, I suggest you guys check it out :]



Anyways, inside the observatory there is a lot of things to do. I didn't really take a lot of pictures because this was the time when I didn't know much a bout my camera and the settings it was set on was hard to take a decent picutre without it coming our blurry D: There was this really cool part where they had these scales that showed you your weight on each planet :D



And let me tell you, the night view was AMAZING. The city lights looked gorgeous, honestly these pictures do not due it justice. Not to mention my crappy photography skills don't help, lol. But it was honestly amazing. You can also see the smog though :/ Well you can't have LA without the smog right? Lol. Some of it was also fog though, I think...lol.


Overall, the Griffith Observatory was an amazing experience and I was so happy that I was able to go. I am actually looking forward to go for my field trip for class. I am not too excited about the La Brea Tar Pits though, but I think because you have to pay to get into it and I know nothing about it so it makes it much less appealing than the Griffith Observatory. I am going to be going with my sisters this time, I want them to see this stuff too, they aren't too big on astronomy but it's still has cool stuff. I will probably take more pictures of things inside and what there is to do the next time I go :]

Majority of my posts lately have been reminiscing rather than stuff that has been going on lately, but since there is nothing that is going on this is all I got so far lol. And I want to put these memories somewhere :] I hope I will have more time to do stuff once this semester is over. Which isn't till December 16 (T-T) I am seriously counting the days. I am lucky I haven't slit my wrists because of this statistics class. They call it sadistics for a reason (-____-)

4 comments :

  1. Yay! I'm not alone. teehee

    I love the Griffith Observatory! I've been there once and feel in love with the place. You have reminded me that I should put it on the places I want to return to during Winter Break. haha.

    You have amazing photography skills! Wow, I'm inspired! You captured LA pretty well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely remind you :] I'm glad you like it too! I feel so lame saying I went there for fun but it's really cool :D lol

    Oh my goodness thank you so much :D That means a lot to me, I thought I didn't have any potential for picking up photography even as a hobby lol! Thank you so much again :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opened your page, saw your layout and INSTANT FOLLOW. Hello fellow j-rock friend :D
    I love your pictures, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much :D I am glad you like it<3, I love meeting fellow j-rock lovers :D Cheers to a new j-rock friend :D

    ReplyDelete